Sometimes while I’m cooking I’ll make it up as I go, but I’ll write down what I’m doing in case the end product is something I want to duplicate. This sauce fell into that category. Originally I prepared it on top of gluten free fettuccine, and finished the dish with pan seared garlic scallops.
- 1 14.5oz can or Italian Style Diced Tomatoes
- 1 c. White Wine
- 1/2 c. Chicken Broth (make sure you use a gluten free broth!)
- 1 tsp. Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp. Fresh Basil (chopped)
- 1 tsp. Fresh Oregano (chopped)
- 1 c. Broccoli (chopped into small florets)
- 1/2 c. Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- salt to taste
- In medium sized frying pan over low-to-medium heat add the wine, broth, tomatoes and garlic. Mix everything together, and raise heat to high.
- Stir mixture occasionally to make sure the ingredients are spread out in the pan, and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Add the basil and oregano.
- Allow sauce to continue to boil until the liquid has decreased by about half.
- Add the sugar, and stir to make sure everything has mixed fully.
- Next, add the broccoli and red peppers.
- Allow sauce to continue to boil for another 5-7 minutes, or until most of the excess liquid as evaporated.
- Serve and enjoy!