(Makes 2 Servings)
- 1 Large Bell Pepper
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 c. Zucchini (cubed)
- 1 Sausage Link (I used an Aidells Chicken Apple Sausage)
- 1/4 c. Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Ground Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut the bell pepper into halves, slicing the pepper longwise. Remove the seeds and the septum so that you are left with a somewhat smooth “pepper cup”.
- In a medium sized bowl, crack the two eggs and whisk so that the yolk is broken and blended.
- Cut the sausage into small cube shaped pieces.
- Cut the zucchini into small cubes.
- Add the cubed sausage, cubed zucchini, and cheddar cheese to the eggs, and mix until well blended. Salt and pepper to preference.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and place the bell pepper halves on the baking sheet. If the peppers do not stand up on their own, you can make tin foil “walls” around the peppers to keep them in place. You can also use a pan with a higher wall like a small loaf pan to keep the peppers from rolling.
- Scoop the egg mixture into the peppers until the mixture reaches the top of peppers.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the egg has solidified. There may be some water on top of the surface. This is normal, and comes from the zucchini as it bakes.
- Remove from the oven. let cool, serve, and enjoy!