(Makes about 24 macaroons)
- 14 oz. Shredded Sweetened Coconut
- 1 c. Sweetened Condensed Milk (Fill the cup measure about 1/4 inch from the top)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs (You will only be using the egg whites)
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 c. Chocolate Chips (Make sure you’re using gluten-free chocolate!
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla extract. Mix the ingredients so that everything is fully combined.
- Add the chocolate chips, mixing so they are spread throughout.
- Separate the eggs so that you have the egg whites from 2 eggs. Dispose of the yolks.
- Combine the egg whites and salt, and using a mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Add the egg whites to the coconut, and fold them in until combined.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using an ice cream scoop or tablespoon, scoop the batter onto the baking sheet leaving about an inch between each macaroon.
- Place the baking sheets in the oven, and bake the macaroons for about 25 minutes until they turn golden brown.
- Remove the macaroons from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Serve and enjoy!