We originally found this recipe on Delish, but modified it slightly to our preferences and what we already had in our kitchen. The original recipe can be found at: https://www.delish.com/cooking/a22258670/garlicky-shrimp-zucchini-boats-recipe/
- 4 Large Zucchini (Halved lengthwise)
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1 1/2 lbs. Large Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 Medium Tomatoes (chopped)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/4 c. Light Cream
- 1/4 c. Grated Parmesan
- 1/2 Lemon (Juiced)
- 1 c. Shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Score the zucchini and scoop out the insides. Save the insides of the Zucchini to use later.
- Place the zucchini boats in a large baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the zucchini with salt and pepper to preference.
- Bake the zucchini for about 20 minutes until tender.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Melt the butter.
- Add shrimp to the skillet and season with salt and pepper to preference.
- Cook the shrimp until they are pink and cooked all the way through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the heat, let cool, and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Return the shrimp to the skillet, add the insides of the zucchini you set aside earlier, tomatoes, and garlic. Cook until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Add the cream, Parmesan cheese, and lemon juice to the shrimp. Cook until slightly reduced (about 3 minutes)
- Fill the zucchini boats with the shrimp mixture, top with shredded mozzarella, and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly (about 10 minutes).
- Serve and enjoy!