A few days ago, we were having a Mexican food themed dinner. I say themed, because often these nights involve making a bunch of different ingredients, and everyone decides what they are making out of them (tacos, burritos, etc.) This is one of my favorite nights, because it’s delicious, and there are options. However, I wanted to add something new to a mix. Rice is usually a staple on these nights, but this time around, I wanted to jazz it up a bit, and all I could think about was Chipotle. If you have ever had Chipotle, you know they have a fantastic cilantro lime rice, and I personally can’t get enough of it. This inspired me. While this recipe has no affiliation with Chipotle, it is inspired by their amazing rice. I was able to throw this together quickly using things I already had in my house. Feel free to write in an let us know your thoughts.
-The Gluten-Free Gal’s Guide
- 1 c. White Rice- uncooked (I used Carolina rice)
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 1/4 c. Cilantro- chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Lime- juiced
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packaging. For the Carolina White Rice I used, the instructions were: Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan. Stir in 1 cup of rice. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Remove the rice from the heat, add the butter, and stir until the butter is fully melted and mixed throughout.
- Add the salt and cilantro to the rice. Stir so that the cilantro and salt are mixed throughout.
- Finally, add the juice from half a lime into the rice, and stir until it is fully mixed.
- Let cool and serve or add to your favorite dish.