Yes, guacamole is almost always gluten-free, but who doesn’t love a good guacamole recipe. I first learned how to make guacamole from a friend in college, and over the years the recipe has evolved. This is my go-to item to bring to any group gathering or party, and it has become very popular amongst my friends. Let me know your thoughts.
-The Gluten-Free Gal’s Guide
- 4 Medium Avocados
- 1/2 Large Onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. Salsa (I like a mild guacamole, so I use a mild salsa, but feel free to use your favorite at whatever heat you like)
- 1 lime
- 12 Cherry Tomatos
- 2 tbsp. Cilantro (coarsely chopped)
- Chop the onion and add to a large bowl.
- Add the salsa to the onion and stir.
- Cut the avocados by removing the skin and the pits, and add to the onion and salsa. Mash the avocados till smooth in consistency.
- Slice the lime in half, and squeeze the juice into the mixture. Mash the lime juice into the avocado mixture so that is is fully combined.
- Slice the tomatoes in half, and add to the mixture. Stir so that they are evenly distributed.
- Chop the cilantro and add to the mixture. Stir so that the cilantro is evenly distributed.
- Serve and enjoy.
*If not serving immediately, place the guacamole in an air tight container. Place a layer of plastic wrap on top of the guacamole and press down firmly creating an air tight barrier. Cover the guacamole and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve*