When I was younger, I used to go to my local Cosi and order one of my favorite sandwiches, a Grilled Chicken TBM (standing for tomato, basil, and mozzarella). When I gave up gluten, I gave up this delicious sandwich, but recently decided to recreate it in a gluten-less way. While the Grilled Chicken TBM served as my inspiration, the end result tastes very different from the original. Despite the differences, I absolutely loved my new version, and can’t wait to make it again. As with a lot of my “combinations” vs. recipes, I didn’t use exact measurements. Instead, I used a handful of this, and a pinch of that until I was satisfied with the amounts to my personal preference. Feel free to experiment and make this your own and let me know what you think.
-The Gluten-Free Gal’s Guide
- 2 Tortillas or Wraps (I used Parmesan Folios Cheese Wraps)
- 1 Chicken Breast
- Tri-Colored Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Fresh Basil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Cut into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, and heat over medium flame. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Cut your tomatoes and mozzarella into small pieces and slice your fresh basil into small strips.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Place one Parmesan Folio/tortilla/warp/etc. on the paper, and brush with Balsamic.
- Top with your chicken, tomatoes, and cheese. Sprinkle with basil.
- Cover with your second Parmesan Folio/tortilla/wrap/etc. and place in the oven until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, cut into desired pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!