More than a decade ago, I attended a family party. My Aunt made this broccoli salad, and at the end of the night, every relative walked out with a copy of the recipe in hand. Ever since, this side dish has made an appearance at countless BBQs, potlucks, work parties, and regular dinners. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
-The Gluten-Free Gal’s Guide
- 5-6 c. Fresh Broccoli Florets
- ½ c. Toasted Slivered Almonds
- ½ c. Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- ¼ c. Red Onion (chopped)
- 1 c. Peas (if you using frozen, make sure they’re thawed before using)
- 3/4 c. Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ c. Honey
- ½ c. Dried Cranberries
- Fill a large pot with water, add salt, and bring to a boil.
- Add the broccoli florets and cook for 1-2 minutes depending on desired crunchiness of the broccoli.
- Drain the broccoli and let cool.
- While the broccoli is cooling, mix all of the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Once broccoli has cooled, add to the other ingredients. Stir until everything is fully combined.
- Serve and enjoy!