For some, Super Bowl Sunday is all about football. For others, the commercials are what it’s all about. Both of these are great, but for me, it’s all about the food! If you didn’t already know, I love food and jump at the chance to make a gluten-free treat. When my friend asked me to make potato skins for this year’s Super Bowl party I couldn’t resist. Not only are they super easy to make and naturally gluten-free, they are delicious. Check out this easy recipe for my favorite potato skins and let me know what you think.
-The Gluten-Free Gal’s Guide
*I did not include quantities for this recipe because it’s really based on personal preference*
- Russet Potatoes
- Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Bacon (crumbled)
- Sour Cream
- Chives (chopped)
- Microwave the potatoes for 6 minutes. (Yes, this is a cheat/trick, but it saves so much time!)
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the middle of the potato (you can save the insides to make a great mashed potato!)
- Place the scooped potatoes on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Cook the bacon and crumble into small pieces.
- Sprinkle the desired amount of bacon onto each potato skin.
- Sprinkle the desired amount of cheddar cheese onto each potato skin.
- Set your broiler and place the potato skins under the broiler until the skins crisp and the cheese is melted and browning. (If you do not have a broiler, set the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and bake until desired result)
- Remove the potatoes from the broiler and let cool.
- Top with a scoop of sour cream and sprinkle with chives.
- Serve and enjoy!