I was looking for a simple gluten free hors d’oeuvres to bring to a party I was attending, and I was in a time crunch. I wanted to bring something that would impress my friends, but also didn’t have all day to cook. I ran to store, and spotted Schar’s Gluten Free Puff Pastry Dough. From there I was inspired to make this super simple and super delicious treat! Let me know what you think.
-The Gluten-Free Gal’s Guide
- 1 package Schar Gluten-Free Puff Pastry Dough
- 1 can Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce (you will have quite a bit left over, but this was the smallest quantity I had access to)
- ¼ lb.. – ½ lb. Brie Cheese Wedge
- 2 Eggs
- Defrost the frozen Puff Pastry. This can be done by either sitting it out and allowing it to thaw or by placing the dough in the microwave. Make sure you follow the specific instructions on the packaging for defrosting using your method of choice.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out the puff pastry dough, and cut into even squares. I cut each sheet into 12 squares.
- Place ½ teaspoon Cranberry Sauce into the center of each cut square.
- Cut the Brie Cheese into small cubes, about ½ inch.
- Place a Brie Cheese cube on top of the Cranberry Sauce.
- Fold the corners of each square of puff pastry up and pinch together.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place the folded up pastry bites on the baking sheet. Leave about 1 inch of space between each one.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk.
- Using a pastry brush, brush a light layer of egg over the pastries.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Serve and enjoy!