I was with my mom at the grocery store, and we started talking about one of our favorite topics, dessert. We had already picked out dinner for the night, and had big plans to watch a movie, but what would we enjoy while doing so? We continued up and down the aisles discussing the usual choices, but nothing stood out. That’s when we wound up in the produce, and the fruit caught our eye. After a few minutes of discussion, we landed on a Blueberry Strawberry Crumble. Not only is a crumble a super easy and delicious treat, it can be made in so many varieties with different fruits. Check it out and let us know what you think.
-The Gluten-Free Gal’s Guide
- 1 qt. Blueberries (can use fresh or frozen)
- 1 pt. Strawberries (can use fresh or frozen)
- 1 c. Brown Sugar
- 1/2 c. Gluten-Free Oats
- 1/2 c. Gluten-Free Flour
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If using frozen fruits, allow to defrost and drain the extra water.
- Cut the strawberries into pieces.
- Place the fruit on the bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Add 1/2 c. of brown sugar to the fruit, and stir so that the fruit and sugar are mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 c. brown sugar, oats, and gluten-free flour.
- Melt the butter, and add to the dry ingredients in the bowl. Mix the butter into the dry ingredients so that small “chunks” form. Sprinkle over the fruit.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cool, serve, and enjoy!
*This pairs great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream*