I don’t know about you, but I love avocado toast. Not only do I love ordering it when I go out to brunch, but I also love experimenting with different varieties at home. I decided to try a caprese version and loved it! Check out my super simple and delicious recipe and let me know what you think.
-The Gluten-Free Gal’s Guide
- 1 Medium Avocado
- 2 Slices of Gluten-Free Bread (I used Udi’s Gluten Free Multigrain Bread)
- 3 or 4 small Fresh Mozzarella Balls
- 2 Campari Tomatoes (you can use any type of tomato; this is just what I had in the fridge)
- 2 tsp. Balsamic Reduction
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- Fresh Basil
- Toast your bread to the desired amount.
- Cut your avocado in half in half, remove from the skin, and discard the pit.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with your lemon juice. This helps keeps the avocado green and adds a light citrusy flavor.
- Salt your avocado to taste.
- Slice tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil.
- Scoop a heaping amount of avocado on top of each slice of toast. Spread so that the whole slice of bread is covered.
- Top your avocado with your sliced tomato and mozzarella.
- Drizzle balsamic reduction on top of the tomato and mozzarella.
- Sprinkle the fresh basil on top (to preference)
- Serve and enjoy!