I absolutely love steak fajitas! This dish is typically my go-to order when I go out for Mexican food, so I decided to make my own at-home version. Check out this recipe for my gluten-free steak fajitas and let me know what you think.
-The Gluten-Free Gal’s Guide
- 1/3 c. Lime Juice
- 5 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/3 c. Water
- 1 tbsp. Garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1/3 c. Cilantro (chopped)
- 2 Skirt Steaks (about 1.5 lbs total)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Large Onion
- Make your marinade: Combine the lime juice, olive oil, water, garlic, cumin, salt, paprika, black pepper, and cilantro into a large Ziploc bag.
- Add the steaks to the bag, seal, and shake so that the steaks are fully covered.
- Place the sealed bag in the refrigerator, and let the steaks marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Slice your bell peppers and onion.
- Add olive oil to a cast iron pan (can substitute a frying pan) and let heat.
- Saute your peppers and onions until the onions become translucent and the peppers soften. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- When ready to cook your steaks, add oil to your pan, and heat.
- Add your steaks, and cook to desired ”done-ness”.
- Remove your steak and let rest for a few minutes. While your steak is resting, you can add your peppers and onions back into the pan to warm if they’re cold
- Once your steak has rested (a few minutes). Slice your steak into strips. Top with peppers and onions.
- Serve and enjoy!