http://glutenfreegalsguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/1951F598-0E00-4AAE-8151-F960FB0A2BF2-e1555264933697.jpeg 2207 3024 gfggadmin http://glutenfreegalsguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/GFGGLogo_Header-e1519758293863.png gfggadmin2019-04-14 14:15:432019-04-14 14:26:26Chicken Piccata
When it comes to chicken preparation, I have a vice. I don’t care how healthy the alternative may be, I will always opt for the fried and breaded version. When recently making Chicken Piccata, I decided to go with a Parmesan crusted chicken instead of the traditional flour dredged version you see in most recipe. Both are good, but mine fit what I was craving in the moment. The highlight of this recipe really is the fantastic sauce featuring lemon, capers, and butter. It is versatile enough to be enjoyed over chicken prepared in any way. Let me know your thoughts.
-The Gluten-Free Gal’s Guide
- 4 Chicken Breasts (thin)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 c. Gluten-Free Flour (I used Bob’s Redmill one-to-one)
- 1 c. Gluten-Free Bread Crumbs (I used 4C)
- 1 c. Parmesan Cheese
- 1c. White Wine
- 1 Lemon (Juiced)
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. Capers
- 1 Lemon (for garnish)
- Olive Oil (enough to coat your frying pan)
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and beat with a fork.
- Add the gluten-free flour to a plate or bowl.
- In a separate plate or bowl, add the gluten-free bread crumbs and Parmesan Cheese. Mix together so that the gluten-free bread crumbs and cheese are fully blended.
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts to preference.
- Coat the chicken breasts in gluten-free flour, dip in egg, then dip the chicken in the gluten-free bread crumb and parmesan mixture. Make sure you fully coat the chicken in the mixture.
- Add oil to a frying pan and place over a high flame. When the oil is hot, add the chicken breast. Cook until the bottom is golden brown (about 3 minutes) and flip. Cook until the gold brown on both sides, then remove from heat.
- In a small saucepan, add the wine and lemon juice. Let boil until it reduces by about half.
- Reduce the heat and add the butter. Whisk until the butter is fully incorporated.
- Add the capers, and let cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Slice the remaining lemon for garnish.
- Plate the chicken, top with lemon slices, and finish with sauce.
- Serve and enjoy