During the week, I usually skip over breakfast, but not on Sundays. Sundays are my big breakfast days, and one of my favorite Sunday breakfasts is pancakes. I absolutely love Maple Grove Farms Gluten Free Pancake and Waffle Mix. It’s great for plain pancakes, but sometimes I like to change it up, and make something a little different. These Gluten-Free Apple Pie Stuffed Pancakes are super easy to make and delicious!
(Makes 5-6 Pancakes)
- 1 c. Maple Grove Farms Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 2/3 c. Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 1 Apple
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- Cooking Spray or Butter for the pan
- Follow the directions on the box to make the batter: Whisk the eggs and oil. Gradullay add the milk and mix.
- Cut the apple into small pieces.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Once the butter is melted, add the apple, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and let simmer on a medium heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat a frying pan, and add your cooking spray or butter to grease the pan.
- Once the pan is hot, scoop about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan.
- Once the pancake begins to puff and bubble, spoon the apple mixture onto the pancake, spreading evenly across the pancake.
- Top the apple mixture with another 1/4 cup of batter, and let cook for a few minutes.
- Once the top layer of batter begins to puff, flip the pancake, cooking until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.