When looking for something to bring to a holiday dinner on Pinterest, I found a recipe similar to this that I modified to fit what I needed. This hors d’oeuvre wound up being perfect, and was enjoyed by all (even those who aren’t gluten free!)
- 3/4 c. Quinoa
- 2 c. Vegetable Broth (make sure you use a gluten free broth!)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 1/2 c. Broccoli (chopped)
- 1/2 c. Onion (diced)
- 1 tsp. Garlic (minced)
- 2 c. Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add quinoa and vegetable broth to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover the pan, and turn to a low heat. Allow the quinoa to simmer for 15-20 minutes until the liquid is fully absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped broccoli, diced onion, minced garlic, cooked quinoa, and sharp cheddar.
- Beat the eggs, and add into the broccoli mixture. Stir so that the everything is mixed well.
- Spray an unlined mini-muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the mixture into each muffin cup, and press down lightly with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool, serve, and enjoy!