I really wanted avocado toast, but realized I didn’t have any gluten-free bread that would be traditionally used for toast. What I did have was Schar’s Ciabatta rolls. I decided to give it a try, and the result was delicious! There are so many ways to make avocado toast, but this is one of my favorites. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
-The Gluten-Free Gal’s Guide
- 1 Gluten-Free Ciabatta Roll (I used a Schar Ciabatta Roll)
- 1 Medium Avocado
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Slices of cooked Bacon
- Everything Seasoning (I used Olde Thompson Everything for Bagels and More)
- 1tsp. Lemon Juice
- Slice your roll in half, and toast the bread.
- Cook the bacon.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, scoop the avocado out of the skin, and place in a bowl. Add the lemon juice and mash with a fork. Add a pinch of salt and stir to distribute the salt into the mashed avocado.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat, crack the eggs and add to the pan, and fry to preference (I left my yolks a little runny).
- Crumble your cooked bacon.
- Top your toast with a thick layer of mashed avocado, add the crumbled bacon, place a fried egg on top of each piece of bread, and finish by sprinkling Everything Seasoning over each piece of toast.
- Serve and enjoy!