Earlier this year, my friends and I started a Book Club. Once a month, we gather together at someone’s home, and they host the event. We hang out, catch up, talk about the month’s book, and my favorite part, eat. For this past month’s gathering, my friend who was hosting decided on a crepe brunch. I know I’ve said this before, but I have the best friends. Naturally, I was planning on bringing my own gluten-free food. Before I could even think about what to bring, my amazing friend reached out to let me know that she had found a recipe for gluten-free crepes that she planned on making. Seriously…I have the best friends! As always, book club was amazing, and so were the gluten-free crepes my friend made. Of course I had to ask for the recipe. Let me know if you try this recipe.
-The Gluten-Free Guide
This recipe was originally posted by The Spruce Eats (www.thespruceeats.com) on 11/23/18
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp. Water
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 c. Tapioca Flour
- Oil for brushing the pan
- Beat eggs with a fork in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Beat in water, vanilla, and tapioca flour. The batter will appear very liquidly. let sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat up a crepe pan or low-sided skillet brushed with oil over medium-high heat. The pan should be just hot enough that a drop of water sizzles and jumps across the pan.
- Holding the pan by the handle, pour about 1/3 cup batter into pan and quickly tilt all directions, swirling the batter to form a very thin, round layer of batter.
- Cook crepe for 1 to 2 minutes on the first side, then carefully flip with a spatula and cook for about 40 seconds on the second side.
- Gently remove crepe from pan and place on a plate, stacking as you make more and keeping them warm until ready to fill and roll.
- Fill with your favorite sweet or savory ingredients, fold or roll the crepe, serve and enjoy.
Part of what makes a crepe so amazing is it is not just delicious, it is so versatile. You can pretty much fill it with anything. At this month’s Book Club, I selected Nutella, bananas, and strawberries with whipped cream on top. Delicious!