https://secureservercdn.net/188.8.131.52/3jr.b8c.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/657DD830-03A1-468D-A766-F62C929C1EB6-e1543983261609.jpeg?time=1664580186 4032 3024 gfggadmin https://secureservercdn.net/184.108.40.206/3jr.b8c.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/GFGGLogo_Header-e1519758293863.png gfggadmin2018-12-04 23:22:172018-12-04 23:22:17Gluten-Free Latkes
- 2 1/2 lbs. Potatoes
- 1 Large Onion
- 3/4 c. Gluten-Free Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 Large Eggs (beaten)
- 1 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- Canola Oil (enough to coat your frying pan)
- Using a hand grater or a food processor, shred the potatoes.
- Place the shredded potatoes in a bowl, and cover with water. This prevents the potatoes from browning.
- Using a hand grater or food processor, grate the onion into small shreds.
- Pour the potatoes into a colander, and drain the water.
- Place the drained potatoes and onion on a towel or cheese cloth, and squeeze the excess liquid out.
- Place the potatoes and onions into a large bowl, and add the beaten eggs, gluten-free panko bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Use a fork to fully mix the ingredients.
- In a frying pan/skillet add oil and place over medium heat.
- Once the oil is heated, scoop up about 3 tbsp. of the potato mixture, use your hands to form into a patty, and place into the oil. You can cook more than one latke at a time, but make sure you don’t crowd the pan/skillet.
- Cook the latkes for 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Once browned on each side, remove the latkes from the pan, and place on a cooling rack. You may want to place your cooling rack over towels or a plate to collect any excess oil.
- Serve and enjoy!