This pasta salad is super easy to make, and can be made either gluten-free or gluten-full (the macaroni is gluten-free while the rotini is gluten-full). You can use any pasta of your choice, but I chose to make two different pastas because I was serving both at the same event, and wanted to make sure the gluten-free version was easily recognizable for myself and the other gluten-free guests.
- 1 12oz. Box Pasta (I used Barilla gluten-free Elbow Pasta)
- 1/4 c. Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 c. Orange Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 c. Yellow Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 c. Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 c. Grape Tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1/2 c. Fresh Mozzarella (I cut mini mozzarella balls into quarters)
- 1/2 c. Black Olives (sliced)
- 1 1/2 c. Italian Dressing (I used Wish-Bone Light Italian Dressing. It’s gluten free!)
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box. For the Barilla pasta I used, I boiled about 5 quarts of water with 1 tsp. salt. I cooked the pasta for 7 minutes, which was the recommended time on the box for al dente pasta.
- While the water is boiling, chop the peppers, tomatoes, mozzarella, and olives.
- When the pasta is finished cooking, drain the pasta, and place in a large bowl.
- Let the pasta cool for several minutes (you can place the bowl in a refrigerator to speed up the process).
- Once the pasta is cool, add the peppers, tomatoes, mozzarella, and olives. Mix so that they are well distributed throughout the pasta.
- Add the dressing, and stir so that everything is well blended.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve (best served cold).
- Serve and enjoy!