http://glutenfreegalsguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/IMG_3570-1.jpg 2857 2985 gfggadmin http://glutenfreegalsguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/GFGGLogo_Header-e1519758293863.png gfggadmin2018-03-22 21:06:252018-12-12 13:08:43Gluten Free Pesto Crusted Tilapia
(Makes 2 filets of Tilapia)
- 2 Filets of Tilapia
- 1/2 c. Gluten Free Flour
- 2 c. Fresh Basil (packed tightly)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1/4 c. Pine Nuts
- 1/2 c. Olive Oil (plus enough to coat your frying pan)
- 1/2 c. Pecorino Romano Cheese
- In a food processor, combine the basil, garlic, pine nuts, and cheese. Pulse the food processor until all of the ingredients are coarsely chopped.
- Add the oil and run the food processor until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Salt and pepper to preference.
- Set the Pesto aside.
- Using a paper towel, dry the Tilapia.
- Salt and Pepper the Tilapia
- Spread the Gluten Free Flour on a plate, and dredge the filets of Tilapia (dip the Tilapia in the flour so that the surface is covered).
- Add oil to a frying pan so that the bottom is lightly coated, and heat on a medium flame.
- Dip the Tilapia in the Pesto, so that both sides are coated, and add to the frying pan.
- Fry the coated Tilapia on one side for about 5 minutes until the Pesto begins to brown, flip the fish, and repeat on the other side.
- The Pesto Coated Tilapia is fully cooked when both sides are lightly brown, and the cooked fish is white (you can check this by cutting a small slice into center of the thickets part of the fish.
- Plate with your favorite side dish, serve, and enjoy!