Sometimes I just stand in the kitchen looking at the food I have for inspiration. I’ve seen strawberry toast on many brunch menus, usually served with goat cheese or ricotta. I didn’t have either, but I did have some really nice fresh strawberries, and fresh homegrown basil, so I decided cream cheese would do the trick. The results were delicious! Check out this combination and let me know what you think!
-The Gluten-Free Gal’s Guide
- Gluten-Free Bread (I used Udis Multigrain Sandwich Bread)
- Cream Cheese
- Fresh Strawberries
- Fresh Basil
- Balsamic Reduction
- Toast your bread.
- I don’t like when cream cheese turns runny, so I always let my toast cool for a little bit before I put the cream cheese on.
- Spread a layer of cream cheese on your toast to the desired thickness.
- Slice your strawberries. Place your strawberries on top of the cream cheese.
- Slice your basil leaves into small slivers. Sprinkle the fresh basil on top of the berries.
- Finish with a drizzle of balsamic reduction.
- Serve and enjoy!