http://glutenfreegalsguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/IMG_3624-e1521919714387.jpg 4032 3024 gfggadmin http://glutenfreegalsguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/GFGGLogo_Header-e1519758293863.png gfggadmin2018-03-24 15:23:192018-12-12 13:08:43Gluten Free Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Rosemary Butter Sauce
(Makes 4 Servings)
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- ½ tsp. Salt (additional salt for boiling water)
- ½ tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Egg
- ½ c. Pecorino Romano (Additional to top finished gnocchi)
- 2 c. Gluten Free Flour (I used Bob’s Redmill 1 to 1)
- ½ c. Butter (½ a stick)
- ½ tsp. Minced Garlic
- 2 tsp. Dried Rosemary
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash the potatoes and using a fork or a sharp knife, poke several holes in the surface of the potatoes.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 45 minutes, or until soft.
- Remove the skins of the potatoes and place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl.
- Mash the sweet potato.
- Add the salt, ground nutmeg, and Parmesan cheese. Stir the mixture so it is fully combined.
- Add the egg, and stir so that it is fully combined.
- Add 1 ½ cups of flour, and mash or stir the mixture together until the flour is fully mixed in.
- Spread remaining flour on a flat surface.
- Place the dough on the floured surface.
- Take a small portion of dough and roll it into a long, thin log, about ¾ inches thick.
- Cut the log into 1 inch pieces.
- Using the back end of a fork, roll the fork over the gnocchi so that the lines leave an imprint.
- Set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water, salt, and bring to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, add the gnocchi one at a time. (Do not overcrowd the pot, make sure you leave enough room for the gnocchi to move freely in the water.)
- As the gnocchi cooks, it will rise to the surface. Using a slotted spoon, remove the floating gnocchi, set aside, and add additional gnocchi to cook.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add the garlic and rosemary. Stir for about a minute.
- Add the gnocchi to the frying pan, and stir around until it is coated in the sauce.
- Let cool
- Top with additional cheese, serve, and enjoy!