https://secureservercdn.net/188.8.131.52/3jr.b8c.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/4BDBB90D-90B2-45AE-A6A1-68AE383128E2-e1544202652697.jpeg?time=1664580186 3427 2983 gfggadmin https://secureservercdn.net/184.108.40.206/3jr.b8c.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/GFGGLogo_Header-e1519758293863.png gfggadmin2018-12-07 11:28:172018-12-07 12:12:01Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Latkes
- 2 1/2 lbs. Sweet Potatoes
- 1 c. Gluten-Free Panko Breadcrumbs
- 3 Large Eggs (beaten)
- 1 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- Canola Oil (enough to coat your frying pan)
- Peel the sweet potatoes.
- Using a hand grater or a food processor, shred the sweet potatoes.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a towel or cheese cloth, and squeeze the excess liquid out.
- Place the shredded sweet potatoes into a large bowl, and add the beaten eggs, gluten-free panko bread crumbs, salt, and cinnamon. Use a fork to fully mix the ingredients.
- Let the mixture rest for 15 minutes.
- In a frying pan/skillet add oil and place over medium heat.
- Once the oil is heated, scoop up 3-4 tbsps. of the potato mixture, use your hands to form into a patty, and place into the oil. You can cook more than one sweet potato latke at a time, but make sure you don’t crowd the pan/skillet.
- Cook the latkes for 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown and crispy.
- Once browned on each side, remove the latkes from the pan, and place on a cooling rack. You may want to place your cooling rack over towels or a plate to collect any excess oil.
- Serve and enjoy!