https://secureservercdn.net/220.127.116.11/3jr.b8c.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/8B1CAED3-45E6-42F7-9E29-D4D804B6644D.jpeg?time=1664580186 3024 4032 gfggadmin https://secureservercdn.net/18.104.22.168/3jr.b8c.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/GFGGLogo_Header-e1519758293863.png gfggadmin2018-12-01 10:48:192018-12-01 10:50:13Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Bacon
- 1 1/2 lbs. Brussels Sprouts
- 6 Slices Hickory Smoked Bacon (I prefer to use a thick cut for this recipe)
- 1/4 c. Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- Cook the bacon-
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Place the bacon on the baking sheet. Make sure each slice is laying flat, and the slices don’t overlap.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Start checking on the bacon at 10 minutes and remove from the oven when the bacon has browned and crisped around the edges. The bacon will look soft while it is laying in the grease, but once removed, it will crisp up.
- Place paper towel on a plate, remove the bacon from the pan, and lay on the paper towel. Use paper towel to pat the bacon down, removing the grease.
- Set the bacon aside and let cool.
- Trim the brussels sprouts-
- Cut off the stem
- Remove any dark loose leaves
- Cut in half
- In a large mixing bowl, add the olive oil and maple syrup
- Add the brussels sprouts to the bowl and toss/mix until the brussels sprouts are coated in the oil and syrup mixture
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Spread the brussels sprouts out on the lined baking sheet
- Sprinkle salt over the brussels sprouts
- Place in the oven and roast for about 30 minutes, until the brussels sprouts crisp
- Remove from the oven, and crumble the bacon over the brussels sprouts.
- Serve and enjoy!