https://3jrb8c.a2cdn1.secureserver.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/C799544E-002D-4A5E-98E4-117BEA7E702E-scaled.jpeg?time=1669159313 2560 1920 gfggadmin https://3jrb8c.a2cdn1.secureserver.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/GFGGLogo_Header-e1519758293863.png gfggadmin2021-04-11 15:09:532021-04-11 15:09:54Mediterranean Cod
- 1 lb. Cod Filets
- 2 tbsp. Garlic (minced)
- 1 medium Onion (diced)
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 14 oz. canned Diced Tomatoes
- 2 c. Cherry Tomatoes
- ½ c. Black Olives (pitted)
- ½ tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Oregano (dried)
- Olive Oil (enough to coat your pans/skillets)
- Add olive oil to a frying pan or skillet and place over medium heat.
- Make sure your cod filets are dry, salt and pepper both sides of the cod.
- Add the seasoned cod to your pan/skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until cooked though.
- Remove the cod from the oil, place on a plate, and set aside while you make the sauce.
- In a clean medium frying pan, coat the bottom of the frying pan with olive oil and place over medium heat.
- Add the garlic to the oil and allow to cook for about a minute.
- Add the onions and peppers to the olive oil and allow to cook until the onions become translucent and the peppers soften (about 5-6 minutes)
- Add the red wine vinegar and stir so that it’s fully mixed. Allow to cook for about a minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes, paprika, oregano, cherry tomatoes, and olives. Stir so that everything is combined and mixed well.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the cod into the sauce, and allow to cook for an additional 5-6 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!