I made this recipe for a holiday cookie party. The appetizer went over so well, I was asked to bring the same thing a few weeks later for my group’s annual Chrismukkah party. I wrote this recipe without quantities since it’s really up to you to determine how much you’re making and what you’ll need as a result. I hope you love this recipe as much as my friends and I did. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
-The Gluten-Free Gal’s Guide
- Brussels Sprouts
- Olive Oil
- Pecorino Romano Cheese (grated)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Prep the Brussels Sprouts: Cut off the stems, slice in half (long ways), remove the outer dark leaves.
- Dip the flat side of the Brussels sprouts in Olive Oil
- Dip the olive oil side of the Brussels sprouts in the grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Place a single layer of Brussels sprouts on the baking tray with the cheese side up
- Bake the Brussels sprouts for 20 minutes
- While the Brussels sprouts are baking, cut your bacon into pieces (about the size of your Brussels sprouts)
- Soak your toothpicks in water (this keeps them from burning when you put them in the oven)
- After 20 minutes of baking, remove the Brussels sprouts from the oven.
- Place a piece of bacon on the cheese side of the Brussels sprout and insert a toothpick to keep in place.
- Place the Brussels sprouts back in the oven for 25 minutes (until bacon becomes crispy)
- Remove the Brussels sprouts and place on paper towel to dry the bottoms of the sprouts/collect the bacon grease.
- Serve with Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing & Marinade