Recently, I’ve been eating a lot grain bowls. There are so many great options available from a variety of take out restaurants, and I’ve really taken a liking to them. So of course, I decided to make my own. Check out this combination for a quinoa based bowl I made earlier this week. Let me know if you give it a try, or feel free to share your favorite bowl combination.
-The Gluten-Free Gal’s Guide
(Makes 2 Bowls)
- 1/2 cup of Quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 Aidells Chicken Apple Sausages
- 12-16oz. Uncooked Brussels Sprouts
- 2 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato
- 2 tbsp. Raisins
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the Brussels Sprouts- Cut the stems off and remove the outer dark leaves.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts into half (lengthwise), and place into a bowl.
- Add balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp. olive oil, salt, and pepper to the Brussels sprouts. Toss so that they are fully covered. Set aside.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into small pieces. Place into a bowl. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil and salt. Toss so that they are fully covered in oil.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the Brussels sprouts on one side and the sweet potatoes on the other. Spread them out so there is a single layer on the pan. I kept the Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes on separate sides of the pan so that the balsamic didn’t spread to the potatoes.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes (until the outside of the Brussels sprouts are crunchy, and the sweet potatoes are soft)
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Cut the Aidells chicken apple sausages into pieces (whatever size you desire!), and fry until they are fully cooked (I like them browned a little bit).
- Scoop the cooked Quiona into a bowl, top with Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, sausage, and raisins.
- Serve and enjoy!