https://secureservercdn.net/126.96.36.199/3jr.b8c.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/0B5DA534-9129-47DC-A717-9CF59CDA2B37-scaled.jpeg?time=1654601735 2560 1920 gfggadmin https://secureservercdn.net/188.8.131.52/3jr.b8c.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/GFGGLogo_Header-e1519758293863.png gfggadmin2021-02-05 10:30:002021-02-16 10:52:31Sausage and Peppers Macaroni using Barilla Elbows
I was torn between making a pasta dish and making sausage and peppers, so I decided to combine them both! Check out my recipe for Sausage and Peppers Macaroni and let me know what you think.
-The Gluten-Free Gal’s Guide
- 1 box Barilla Gluten Free Elbows
- 1.5 lbs. Premio Sweet Italian Sausage (small chunks)
- 2 large Red Bell Peppers (sliced into strips)
- 2 large Green Bell Peppers (sliced into strips)
- 1 medium Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 2 tsp. Garlic (minced)
- 28oz. Diced Tomatoes
- 8 oz. Fresh Mozzarella Pearls (mini mozzarella balls)
- Prep the sausage- If using sausage in casing, cut the sausage into small chunks. If using loose sausage meat, there is no need to do anything.
- Coat the bottom of a large frying pan with oil, add the sausage, and cook over medium heat until browned. Remove the sausage and set aside.
- Add the peppers and onions into the same frying pan. Cook over medium heat until the onions are translucent and the peppers soften.
- Leaving the peppers and onions in the pan, add the garlic, diced tomatoes, and cooked sausage. Simmer over a low heat.
- Cook the macaroni/elbows according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Once the macaroni/elbows are cooked and drained, plate andtop with sausage and peppers sauce.
- Top with fresh mozzarella pearls.
- Serve and enjoy!