Once again, I found myself in need of a meal with no real plan. It was too late to go grocery shopping, but I had a fridge full of random items in front of me. I wanted something kind of summery and tropical, and had a craving for shrimp. This dish was the result. Let us know what you think.
-The Gluten-Free Gal’s Guide
- 15-20 medium shrimp
- 1 Medium Mango
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/4 c. Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. Cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 Lime (juiced)
- Olive Oil (enough to lightly coat your frying pan
- Cook the shrimp. In a frying pan, add enough oil to provide a light coating to the bottom of the pan. Peel and clean the shrimp, add to frying pan, and cook over medium heat until the shrimp are pink.
- Place a few paper towels on a plate, place the shrimp on top, set aside, and let cool while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Chop the Avocado, Mango, and Bell Pepper into chunks (about 1/2 inch in size)
- Finely chop the Cilantro.
- Cut the shrimp into smaller pieces or leave whole (whatever you desire) and add to a large bowl.
- Add the Avocado, Mango, Bell Pepper and cilantro to the bowl.
- Add the lime juice, and stir until fully combined.
- Serve and enjoy
This can be served with many sides or used to top many dishes. I chose to serve mine over rice, but next time I’m thinking about placing it over a bed of arugula to make a salad.