https://secureservercdn.net/188.8.131.52/3jr.b8c.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/1D7F51B6-6D29-4AD5-A262-ACA27BAF1257-e1542339941428.jpeg?time=1659943733 3386 3024 gfggadmin https://secureservercdn.net/184.108.40.206/3jr.b8c.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/GFGGLogo_Header-e1519758293863.png gfggadmin2018-11-15 23:01:132018-11-15 23:03:17Tomato and Pepper Tilapia
- 1/2 lb. Tilapia Filet
- 10-12 Cherry Tomatoes (About 3/4 c. when halved)
- 6 Mini-Sweet Peppers (About 1/2 c. when sliced into strips)
- 1 tsp. Garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 1/2 c. White Wine
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Basil
- Oil (enough to coat your frying pan)
- Prep the tomatoes and peppers. Cut the tomatoes in half length-wise, and slice the peppers into strips.
- Lightly coat your frying pan with oil and place over medium heat. Add the butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add the tomatoes and peppers. Keep on medium heat until the skins start to soften but the tomatoes and peppers maintain their shape (about 5 minutes.)
- Add the garlic and wine to the frying pan, reduce the heat to a low flame, and let simmer for about 15 minutes. Add the dried basil when there is about 2 minutes left.
- Prep the tilapia by sprinkling both sides of the fish with salt and pepper (to preference)
- Coat the bottom of a second frying pan with oil and heat over a medium flame.
- Once the second frying pan is hot, add the tilapia. Cook the tilapia until the fish has turned white and begins to lightly brown (about 5 minutes per side).
- Slowly pour the tomato and pepper combination over the fish, and let cook for another 2 minutes on low flame.
- Serve and enjoy!