As much as I love cooking, I often find I don’t have the time to cook a meal from scratch. A lot of my weeknight creations involve combining some of my favorite ready made products. This Gluten-Free Gnocchi with Mushroom Vodka Sauce is the perfect example of something I threw together using some awesome gluten-free items.
- 1 Package of Caesar’s Kitchen Gluten-Free Gourmet Potato Gnocchi
- 2 c. Tomato Sauce (I used Prego Traditional Pasta Sauce)
- 1/2 c. Light Cream
- 1/4 c. Vodka
- 1 c. Mushrooms (chopped)
- 4 slices Canadian Bacon
- 1 tbs. Butter
- Cook the gnocchi according to the instructions on the package. While the gnocchi is cooking, you should make the sauce.
- In a medium sized frying pan, cook the Canadian Bacon. (Depending on the pan you use, you may need to use cooking spray, oil, butter, or something else to grease the pan.) Cook the bacon until it begins to brown on the bottom, turn it over, and remove from the heat when both sides are slightly brown.
- After removing the Canadian Bacon from the pan, slice into small strips, and set to the side.
- Add the butter to the frying pan, and place over medium heat. Once the butter starts to melt, add the mushrooms. Salt and pepper to preference. Sauté until the mushrooms are brown.
- Add the Canadian bacon, tomato sauce, and cream to the frying pan. Stir so that the tomato sauce and cream are combined.
- Add the vodka to the sauce, stir, and let cook till the sauce starts to boil. Once the sauce is boiling, lower the flame, and let cook for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Finish cooking the gnocchi, drain, and add to the sauce. Stir the gnocchi so that it is covered in the sauce.
- Let cool, plate, serve, and enjoy!