One of my amazing friends hosts a holiday cookie party, and I was looking for inspiration. I turned to my favorite source, Pinterest, and began searching for holiday cookie recipes. That’s where I found the winner, Hot Chocolate Cookies! Unfortunately, the recipes I found were fully gluten-full. So I turned to some of my favorite cookie recipes for inspiration and made some modifications until I landed on this version of Gluten-Free Hot Chocolate Cookies. I’m not going to lie, I definitely overcooked the first batch, but the flavor was what I was looing for. So I went back to the kitchen, tried again, and when baked the right amount, they were perfect! Give this recipe a try, and let me know what you think.
-The Gluten-Free Gal’s Guide
- 2 ¼ cups Gluten-Free Flour (I used Bob’s Redmill One-to-One)
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 c. Butter- softened
- ¾ c. Sugar
- ½ c. Brown Sugar- firmly packed
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 c. Chocolate Chips
- 2 c. Gluten-Free Hot Chocolate Mix
- 2 ¼ c. Mini Marshmallows
- Freeze the marshmallows. This is important so that they don’t melt while baking your cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the softened butter into your mixing bowl and beat until creamy. Add the sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix at a high speed until creamy and combined.
- Add 2 eggs, and beat after adding each egg.
- Slowly add the flour to the bowl, and mix. Make sure you start mixing slowly so the flour doesn’t fly everywhere.
- Add the baking soda and salt, and mix until fully combined.
- Add the gluten-free hot chocolate mix and additional egg. Mix so that they are fully combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and frozen mini marshmallows. Stir by hand so that they are distributed throughout the batter.
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon the batter out onto the cookie sheets leaving room for the cookies to expand when they bake.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Serve and enjoy!