https://glutenfreegalsguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/075CC356-3082-4A6A-84A4-89DC4104952D-scaled.jpeg 2560 1920 gfggadmin https://glutenfreegalsguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/GFGGLogo_Header-e1519758293863.png gfggadmin2022-10-16 15:57:142022-10-16 15:57:16Butternut Squash Soup With Bacon
The absolute perfect fall soup! Give it a try and let me know what you think.
-The Gluten-Free Gal’s Guide
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 lrg. Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 3 lbs. Butternut Squash (peeled, seeded, and cubed)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp. Sage
- 1/2 tsp. Rosemary
- 1 tsp. Ginger
- 3 1/2 c. Vegetable Broth
- 1 pkg. Bacon (16 oz.)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Creme Fraiche (for topping)
- Cook the bacon according to the package.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and salt to the heated oil, and saute until soft and translucent.
- Add the squash to the pot. Stir occassionally, and cook until the squash softens (about 8-10 minutes).
- Add the garlic, sage, rosemary, and ginger to the squash. Cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add desired amount of pepper.
- Add the vegetable broth to the pot. Bring the broth to a boil, cover, and reduce the heat. Allow the mixture to simmer for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, remove the mixture from the heat and let cool for a few minutes. Add the mixture to a blender (can also use an emulsion blender), and blend until smooth.
- If your mixture does not reach the desired smoothness, you can add additional broth.
- Crumble the bacon and add to the soup.
- Warm before serving.
- Top with creme fraiche if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!