https://glutenfreegalsguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/326950F1-4F3B-45CE-9C2D-0C2D6B1BB73B-e1548572091937.jpeg 2862 2993 gfggadmin https://glutenfreegalsguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/GFGGLogo_Header-e1519758293863.png gfggadmin2019-01-27 02:00:002019-01-27 02:00:01Chinese Chicken Salad
- 2 lb. Chicken (For a shortcut, use a store-bought rotisserie chicken)
- 4 oz. Rice Sticks (Py Mai Fun)
- 1 Head Romaine Lettuce
- 1/4 c. Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 1/4 c. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 c. Gluten-Free Soy Sauce (I used La Choy)
- 2 Scallions
- 8 oz. can Water Chestnuts (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Cashews
- Additional oil for frying the Rice Sticks
- If cooking the chicken: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, rub the chicken with salt, place in a shallow pan or dish, and bake for 45 minutes (or until chicken is fully cooked). If using a rotisserie chicken: Shred the chicken from the bones, and cut into preferred size.
- Coat the bottom of a frying pan with oil and place over medium heat. When heated, add a handful of rice sticks to the oil. Fry for about a minute until they puff, remove from the oil, and place on a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb the excess oil. Repeat until you have cooked all of the rice sticks.
- Shred the lettuce.
- Chop the scallions.
- Combine the olive oil, salt, sugar, red wine vinegar, and gluten-free soy sauce in a bowl, and mix until combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, chicken, scallions, water chestnuts (drain the liquid before adding), and cashews. Toss to mix the ingredients.
- Add the dressing to the salad, and toss so that the salad is fully coated.
- Top with rice sticks.
- Serve and enjoy