When it comes to cooking, I’m always looking for recipes that are not just delicious and gluten-free, but also quick and easy. Lately, I’ve been bored with my regular eating patterns. While the food I’ve been eating is good, it seems like I’m constantly eating the same old thing. One of these things, is mashed potatoes. To change it up, I decided to give a mashed sweet potato a try, and the results were amazing! Check out this recipe, and let me know what you think.
-The Gluten-Free Gal’s Guide
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato per serving
- 1 tbsp. Butter per serving
- 1 tsp. Coconut Milk (Cream/Milk/Almond Milk/Whatever you prefer) per serving
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon Sugar
- 1/8 tsp. Nutmeg
- Peel the potatoes and cut into quarters.
- Place the potatoes in a pot of boiling water, and boil until the potatoes are soft. You can check by sticking a fork into the potatoes while they are still in the water.
- Drain the water, return the potatoes to the pot, and mash using a potato masher.
- Add the butter and milk, and mash until fully incorporated.
- Add the cinnamon sugar and nutmeg, and mix so that is evenly spread throughout.
- Let cool, serve, and enjoy!
*Optional- In the featured image, I sprinkled a little extra nutmeg and cinnamon sugar on top while plating*