Earlier this week, I went out to dinner with a friend who ordered a steak. While the steak looked wonderful, what caught my eye was what was served alongside it. On the plate was a large slice of a beefsteak tomato with a golden-brown cheesy crust on top. While I couldn’t sample the tomato for the obvious gluten reasons, I was inspired. The next night, I made Parmesan Coated Tilapia (check out the recipe here: https://glutenfreegalsguide.com/parmesan-coated-tilapia/ ) and didn’t have side dish planned. I used the previous night’s inspiration to create these amazing parmesan baked tomatoes. The result was a great side dish that can also be served as a snack or appetizer. Check them out and let me know what you think.
-The Gluten-Free Gals Guide
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese
- Gluten-Free Panko Bread Crumbs (I used 4c Crumbs)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, and place on the lined cookie sheet with the inside of the tomatoes facing up.
- Brush the tomatoes with a light coat of olive oil.
- Place the tomatoes in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Place the tomatoes back in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes and sprinkle with basil.
- Place the tomatoes back in the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes, let cool, serve, and enjoy!